What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European privacy law that will go into effect May 25, 2018. It means that there will be stricter constraints on how companies collect, process, store and distribute personal data of the EU citizens – regardless of locations. GDPR affects every organisation based in the EU and/or involved in processing EU citizens' personal data.
HOW CAN YOU PREPARE FOR GDPR?
We recommand that you review your website and list where and how you collect personal data.
- Do you have a contact form? How do you use the information you collect with the contact form?
- Is the share button active? Do you export the email address from your site into another system (e.g., a newsletter service)?
- Do you collect personal data on your site using third-party services (e.g., Google Analytics.)?
- What information you collect.
- Why you collect that information.
- Who you share that information with.
- Any other information that GDPR requires.
NB! These tips do not constitute legal advice.
What has changed in Portfoliobox?
- Portfoliobox obligations and routines.
- Your rights.
- A list of the data we store and for what purpose.
You will need to accept the new Integrity Policy and confirm that you are above 16 years old next time you log into your admin panel.
You can choose which emails you want to unsubscribe from. In your admin panel, under Settings → General → Unsubscribe to emails, you will be able to opt out of:
- Customer care
https will soon be released for all users.
Password reset process will be improved. You will receive a secure link by email which will allow you to reset your admin password securely.
We will keep you informed!