Table of Contents
What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console is a service that helps you monitor, maintain and troubleshoot your site's presence in Google Search results. It will help your site get indexed Google search results.
You first need to Sign up for Search Console.
Google site verification
Google verification allows you to verify ownership of a domain so you can use the Google Search Console tools. Although you can verify your domain ownership in a number of ways, the method we describe here is the easiest way to verify your site with Portfoliobox.
Step 1 - Add your site to the Google Search Console
- Go to the Google Search Console and log into your Google account
- Add a new property from the property dropdown
- Choose URL prefix and type in your domain with the "https://" protocol (e.g. https://www.domain.com)
- Choose HTML tag under other verification methods
- Copy the Verification ID (string of numbers and letters in between the quotations that appear after content=”). Keep the window open.
Step 2 - Paste the tag in your Portfoliobox admin panel.
- Go to Settings → Website Settings → Meta verification.
- In the first field, write: google-site-verification
- In the second field, paste the verification-ID that you copied
- Click Save Meta Tag.
Step 3 - Verify your site
- Return to your Google Search Console.
- Click verify.
If you’ve closed the property verification window, open the property dropdown and select the domain you want to verify. Choose the HTML tag option and click Verify.
Good to know
How long does verification last?
It lasts as long as Search Console can confirm the presence and validity of your verification token. It is therefore recommended to keep the meta verification snippet in your admin panel even though the verification process is complete. If verification can no longer be confirmed, you will be notified.
When will I start to see data?
Data is collected for a property as soon as anyone adds it in Search Console, even before verification occurs.