Table of Contents
- Very Peri – Pantone Color of 2022
- How to Use Pantone’s Color of 2022
- Create your online portfolio website with Portfoliobox
Everywhere, including in clothing, appliances, styles, and even nail color, will embrace its utilization. But what is Pantone, and how does it choose the year's color?
Probably every fashionista who likes to follow trends looks forward to December every year to hear the answer to the question: What color of the year will it be next year?
The answer to this question is usually determined by Pantone Color Institute. This Pantone research center is engaged in experimental work with color and its influence on various industries (fashion, printing, interior design, advertising, movies, and so on).
Let's understand this great color and how to apply it in our lives.
Very Peri – Pantone Color of 2022
Very Peri is a great name for a color that carries a special meaning.
- The color is composed of a mixture of blue and purple-red; the basis for its creation was the shrub known as the periwinkle.
- While incorporating the qualities of the classic blue (calm, poise, reliability), the color also takes the best of the purple halftone: energy, a joyful attitude to life, and dynamism.
- The purple undertone represents creativity, innovation, and artistic expression, which is the year's color, according to Pantone.
- In addition, according to Pantone Color Institute, this color symbolizes the global spirit of the time and the transition period we are experiencing in 2022.
Pantone Colors of Previous Years
Since 2000, Pantone has been naming its color trends, which most designers listen to. For 22 years now, each year has been symbolized by a different color. Since 2010, the official Pantone website has articles about each color, and here are the main colors before 2010:
- 2000 - Cerulean was chosen to represent the uncertain but exciting future of the new millennium.
- 2001 - Fuchsia Rose reflected the femininity and sexuality of the cultural landscape.
- 2002 - True Red. After the devastating attacks of 9/11, Pantone chose red as a sign of patriotism.
- 2003 - Aqua Sky served as a symbol of hope and tranquility.
- 2004 - Tigerlily combined the red and orange hues of exotic places.
- 2005 - Blue Turquoise was inspired by nature and reflected the calm color of the sea.
- 2006 - Sand dollar color expressed concern for the economy.
- 2007 - Chili Pepper has become quite a bold color of the year that accompanied the popularization of cell phones and social networking.
- 2008 - Blue Iris. This year marked the beginning of the global financial crisis. Blue Iris was chosen for its calm, meditative effect.
- 2009 - Mimosa is a warm yellow color that inspires hope and confidence.
About Pantone Color Institute
Pantone is a major American organization recognized worldwide as an expert in the field of color. The company is widely known for its Pantone Matching System (PMS), used in various industries for accurate color reproduction.
Within the corporation, various divisions and laboratories are constantly working to innovate. And for that reason, every Pantone color of the year is unique and special. They put some considerable thought into each of their colors.
How to Use Pantone’s Color of 2022
We have already answered the question of what is the color this year, and now let's answer the question of how to use it:
- The answer is simple, you can use it however you want: in clothes by combining bold color combinations, use it in your brand, or you can even put a beautiful Very Peri sweater on your dog. Any variation of Very Peri would be appropriate this year.
Very Peri is not one of the well-known colors - it is an entirely new generated color. And even if it seems impossible to come up with a new color, Pantone can surprise us. All that remains is to understand how to apply this color in life. But don't worry, we can help you with that.
Very Peri: Best Color Combinations
Foremost, let's figure out what colors the Very Peri of the year will match with. We have found at least 6 fantastic solutions that will have incredible results:
- Very Peri + Green: you can logically think that if this color is based on the periwinkle flower, which grows among green leaves, then the combination of these colors is already intended by nature.
- Very Peri + Black and White: with this combination, everything is simple - black and white colors fit almost everything, so our color of the year was no exception.
- Very Peri + Red: on the one hand, it seems that passionate red and soothing Very Peri cannot be combined. But the color trend will show your passion and femininity, with sophistication and tenderness simultaneously.
- Very Peri + Yellow: It generally can describe a similar situation to the previous one. Yellow will add brightness, and Very Peri will soothe that bright fervor a bit.
- Very Peri + Orange: If someone still thinks that some colors can't be combined, think about nature. For example, some sunsets by the sea color the sky Very Peri and Orange. It's a great combination.
- Very Peri + Pink: Pink is an uplifting color and always looks good when you combine colors.
Branding Examples with Pantone color 2022
If you have your brand, why not rebrand some things to Pantone? It would be a stylish solution and also up-to-date.
After Pantone announces the color of the year, many companies make some products in limited quantities in the new color. Here are a few examples:
You can do anything in the new color of your business, such as adding details in the Very Peri color or temporarily changing your packaging to a new design in a new color. The easiest solution is to add a fresh color to your website or social media.
Very Peri: Clothes And Accessories
Clothing is where most of the emphasis is on novelty, especially when it comes to different color shades, such as the year's new color. We invite you to take a look at the color combinations we described above and see how they look:
Create your online portfolio website with Portfoliobox
Portfoliobox is the leading online website builder for creative professionals. Now you know what color Pantone says represents 2022. To stay on-trend and follow fashion trends, we recommend you rebrand your business if you have one and get a couple of clothes in the current color. As you can see, even the celebrities on the red carpet choose Very Peri.
Is Very Peri a pastel color?
Yes, there are notes of a pastel tone in this color because it is made to match the color of periwinkle petals.
Where can I use Pantone colors?
The color Pantone can be used anywhere. You can choose to wear the appropriate shade, purchase accessories and appliances, or rebrand your site. The options are endless.
Why do I need to use Pantone colors?
If you want to follow global trends, then yes. Moreover, Very Peri is an incredibly delicate and pleasant shade.
How do I know what Pantone color is right for me?
As a rule, the Pantone color suits almost everyone. But if you do not like it, you can choose similar shades: warmer or cooler. You should consider your skin color type, eye color, and hair color.
Is Peri the same as lavender?
Indeed, these colors are similar, but there are differences. Very Peri color is "a dynamic periwinkle blue hue with a vivifying violet-red undertone", according to Pantone. So lavender is a different color.