A cookies message is a pop-up notice that visitors will get the first time they visit your website. It displays a message that informs visitors that cookies are used to enhance their experience while browsing your website. You can choose if you want to enable it in your site.
The cookie message on your website lets your visitor choose which type of cookies they want to allow: Allow All, Allow Necessary or Leave Website.
When your visitor accepts, the cookies the message won't display for 30 days.
Type of cookies
A cookie is a text file that is stored in the web browser. Portfoliobox use several different cookies:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that cease to exist when the web browser is closed.
- Persitent cookies are stored in the web browser for a specific number of days.
- Third party cookies are added by third-party websites such as Google Analytics.
The cookies stored in the web browser of your visitors are fundamental for the functionnality of the service. The only unecessary cookies that your visitors can decline are the cookies saved by Google Analytics if you choose to connect your Portfoliobox to your Google Analytics account. All other cookies are ncessary.
Adding a cookie message to your site
To add a cookie message
- Go to Settings.
- Click Website Settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Enable Cookie message section.
- Switch the toggle button to enable the cookie message.
- Add your own cookie message to the text field.
Editing the cookie message buttons
You can change the button text: Allow, Allow Necessary and Leave Website under Settings → Translations.
- Create a text page on your website.
- Go to Settings → Website Settings.
- Click the link icon and select the text page with your provicy policy.