Table of Contents
- Top 3 the Highest Paid Graphic Designers in a World
- Tobias van Schneider
- Aurelien Salomon
- Marian Bantjes
- Michael Beirut
- Paul Rand
- April Greiman
- Leo Natsume
- Rolf Jensen
- Jason Little
- Carlos Pariente
- Neville Brody
- Michael Beirut
- Paul Rand
- Paula Sher
- Lucille Tenazas
- David Carson
- Stefan Sagmeister
- Milton Glaser
- Noma Bar
- Rob Janoff
- Alejandro Magallanes
- Andreas Preis
- Chip Kidd
- April Greiman
- Alan Fletcher
- Erik Nitsche
- Create Your Graphic Portfolio With Portfoliobox
Behind every successful brand is the best graphic designer. Every day you come across different famous trademarks and their exciting designs. But you rarely wondered who created these logos. So, among prominent graphic designers are:
- Tobias van Schneider;
- Michael Beirut;
- Paul Rand;
- April Greiman;
- Paula Scher.
A graphic designer is a sought-after profession. Recognized masters create graphical covers for the production of top brands. They emphasize the external image of the brand, which should attract the buyer. The best representatives of their work become famous all over the world.
Acquaintance with the best graphic designers is an opportunity to learn about the latest trends in the design and branding world. Thus, we have prepared for you a list of them. Their work is making the illustrated future.
Top 3 the Highest Paid Graphic Designers in a World
Aurelien Salomon, Marian Bantjes, and Tobias van Schneider are the highest-paid specialists.
There are always professionals in any field. And graphic design is no exception. Successful artwork designers are highly paid for their quality graphic results. It brings them not only a good income but also world fame.
The best graphic designer helps companies communicate with their audience. There are many specializations and types in this field. It is branding, cover design, packaging design, or content for social networks. Attractive logos, bindings, and 3D graphics are the main element of customer engagement. So, those who perform this work well are on the path to becoming highly paid creative graphic designers. And a significant income for such specialists is entirely fair. After all, the following graphic designers carry great talent. It is not only graphic design. It's masterpieces that have become well-known in every corner of the world. Thanks to this, the following art designers became highly paid:
Tobias van Schneider
Tobias van Schneider is a famous graphic designer from Germany. He calls himself a "manufacturer of beautiful things.'' Over the years of his work, the largest companies in the world, such as Google, BMW, Toyota, and many others, became his clients. Many large projects belong to his authorship:
- Designing a mirror of electronic ''memomi'';
- Graphic design of the Wacom trading platform;
- Development of the Audient audio recording program interface, and much more.
Tobias van Schneider uses modern design trends and a creative approach in his works. His skill helps to look at familiar things in a new way. It’s why he is included in the top graphic designers list.
Aurelien Salomon is a French designer who later moved to Canada. He has become one of the leading creative specialists in web design. The designer creates graphic covers for websites and mobile applications. Besides, he makes AR/VR and motion design. It is the area currently developing the most actively. So, there is a graphic designer's list of his successful projects:
- Updating Apple OS/MacOS 2020 design for MacBooks. It is with the original placement of windows on the screen;
- The exterior design of the Navigo Transportation navigation program. It has engaging light animation and a convenient search for the necessary functions.
Marian Bentjes is a Canadian art designer. She deals with several areas of creation at once. It includes the development of the architectural appearance of buildings, illustration, and typography. It gained widespread popularity due to the original use of vector art. Marian Bantjes always tries to combine content and format. For this, she uses different techniques within the framework of one working plane. Various patterns and ornaments became an essential part of her corporate style:
- Her clients include AIGA, TypeCon, WIRED, The Guardian, The New York Times Magazine, InStyle, Wallpaper magazine, Stefan Sagmeister, Pentagram, and Saks Fifth Avenue;
- Marian is also known as an artwork designer for her sugar illustrations. Such inscriptions look especially effective on postcards dedicated to St. Valentine's Day.H2: Top 20 Famous Graphic Designers You Should Know
The world has many creative graphic designers. Some are prominent, while others are not so well-known but deserve recognition. Graphic design is an art form that uses visual content to create a communication process. It's more than making something look good. It's about making an audience feel something and connect with your brand. Among the top 20 best graphic designers are:
He is an educator based in New York City. He is best known for his work in branding and contemporary typography.
He was a 20th-century American best graphic designer. He is best known for his corporate logo designs, including IBM, UPS, and Enron logos.
He is an influential Los Angeles-based graphic designer. He specializes in brand identity systems.
In this article, we will introduce you to other famous graphic designers with excellent works. They have made extraordinary contributions to the world of design:
Leo Natsume is a well-known Brazilian specialist. He became a laureate of many prestigious awards at world competitions. For example, he received two prizes at the Grupo RBS Award 2018. His clients are such brands as Coca-Cola, McDonald's, and Disney. Also, his graphic designer's list of brands for cooperation includes Google and Uber.
Leo loves bright colors, which is noticeable in each of his projects. Most of the author's works include drawings of people or other characters. Among his successful projects are:
- A set of Google Allo stickers. The master often uses drawings in his works.
Rolf Jensen is a freelance designer from Norway. He works with the biggest brands and agencies in the USA. He developed projects for Google, Microsoft, WatsonDG, Basic, and other global companies.
Rolf Jensen acted as a designer, photographer, and art director during his career. The artwork designer has published a large number of magazine publications and interviews. His works won nominations for such awards as Awwwards Site of the Day, The Webby Awards, and Hive Awards. Besides, he has created:
- Several projects for computer and mobile games.
- Navigation and characters for a game from the Disney studio.
Jason Little is a famous graphic designer with a lot of experience. He is the creative director of several companies. In addition to his design activities, he published many magazines in well-known journals. His work had a positive effect on clients. For this, Jason received more than 30 awards.
Jason is currently the Chair of the Graphic Design Association of Australia. Besides, he has other successes as a creative graphic designer:
- In 2014, Jason Little and his colleague founded the agency For The People. He dedicated his work to large branding, rebranding and corporate identity projects.
- Jason Little works a lot, not only with graphic design but also with photography. One of his most recent works is the identification of the Queensland Theatre.
Carlos Pariente is a designer with more than eight years of experience. At the moment, he is the leading designer of the BBVA company. During his career, he managed to cooperate with large clients. These are Vodafone, Mango, Roca, Grupo Prisa, and OHL.
Moreover, the designer conducts educational activities. He teaches courses in Sketch, Invision, and Principle. Carlos' professional skills allowed him to work as a visual and creative director. And this led him to be one of the best graphic designers:
- Carlos got into the development of applications for iOS and Android.
- The project SendMoney, a banking program and service from Adobe, are particularly interesting. It helps to identify and find the right font for the printing house.
Neville Brody is an avid art designer and experimenter. The punk scene greatly influenced Neville Brody's style. In his works, he vividly shows countercultural sentiments and uses principles of design. In turn, his punk approach reflects the design of music covers and print advertising.
Neville prefers bright colors, geometric shapes, and tactile images. Thanks to his unique strategy work, he reached great heights as an artwork designer:
- He founded FontFont. It is one of the most famous font libraries in the world.
- During his occupation, he managed to work with key media companies. These are The Face, The Guardian, The Observer, The Times, and BBC News.
Beirut's most famous work is his iconic posters for Saturday Night Live. It started airing in 1975. It continues today as one of America's longest-running live comedy shows on television.
To continue his activity as the best graphic designers, Michael achieved specific goals:
- Beirut designed a good logo for Apple Computer, which was used from 1977 until 1999. It was when Steve Jobs changed it back to the original apple shape.
- He founded M & Co., a New York City-based design studio that works across all media platforms.
Paul Rand was an American graphic designer. He worked with many corporations, such as IBM, ABC, and UPS. So, he is on the top graphic designers' list. Rand designed many logos still in use today. For example, it's logos for ExxonMobil and Westinghouse Electric Company.
He also designed posters for political campaigns. It includes John F. Kennedy's 1960 presidential campaign for the Democratic Party nomination. But, besides this, he has even more substantial works that make him the best graphic designer:
- Paul had such great uniqueness in brands that Henry Ford began cooperating with him. In this way, Paul became a part of the design in automobile companies.
- Also, he created a new logo for the ABC television network.
From her first years of work, Paula Cher was not afraid to change the industry's rules. She finally strengthened her reputation as an innovator and trailblazer. In 1991, she became the first female partner of Pentagram design consulting.
Paula Cher is also known for mixing art deco and graffiti styles. It creates a bold typography that often becomes the basis of her works. To this day, Paula remains one of the leading famous graphic designers:
- Her art portfolio contains dozens of large cases for world-class clients. It includes Microsoft, The Sundance Institute, Coca-Cola, Bloomberg, and Tiffany.
- She created a visual style for cultural projects. It is the Metropolitan Opera and Public Theater in New York.
Lucille Tenazas is often associated with the postmodern era in graphic design. Tenazas handles the composition and bright, emotional bursts of colors very easily. It formed the creation of the new wave.
Tenazas boldly sets unusual perspectives in her works as an art designer. She layers images and words so that they seem to float in space. With all this, she breaks the laws of order and seems to play with this irregularity. This approach to work allowed her to achieve some prosperity:
- She was president of the American Institute of Graphic Arts from 1996 to 1998.
- AIGA awarded Lucille for her outstanding role in transmitting postmodern ideas.
David Carson is an American artwork designer. The bohemian surf culture and alternative music inspired him. He created abstract, chaotic designs. Carson broke the rules with absolute joy. It reverses the letters and mirrors the inscriptions.
This best graphic designer is popular for innovating with experimental typography. Besides, he is prominent thanks to specific works and collaborations:
- David specialized in editorial and audiovisual design.
- He worked as a design consultant for essential and well-known companies. These include Levis, Nike, Pepsi, Hallmark Corporation, Burton Snowboard, and Gothic Clothing.
Design prodigy Stefan Sagmeister started his career at the age of 15. He stayed in Europe for a while and then moved to New York. There he quickly made a name for himself as one of the most famous graphic designers in the music world.
Sagmeister has worked with such prominent clients as the Rolling Stones, HBO, Time Warner, the Guggenheim Museum, and Capitol Records. In each project, Stefan remained true to his provocative approach. In his works, he combines emotions, humor, and sexuality. And most often, it comes with a vivid shock effect:
- His exhibition "The Happy Show" attracted more than half a million visitors worldwide. It became the most visited exhibition of graphic design in history.
Milton Glaser was an American illustrator and creative graphic designer. He is most famous for his record and book designs. As for his style, he is very versatile. Milton Glasser conveys multiple elements and many concepts in one visual fragment. His influence comes from various avant-gardes and techniques where text and image combine.
Milton was the first best graphic designer with the National Medal of Arts. Besides, he reached other heights in design:
- He founded New York Magazine.
- He also redesigned newspapers such as La Vanguardia.
Noma Bar is in the top graphic designers list. His graphic language is based on monochrome and simplicity. But above all, it emphasizes the concept of negative space. The space surrounds the central motif and unconsciously creates a hidden image.
Noma Bar questions the moral taboos of our society. So, he authorizes many magazine and book covers, illustrations, and posters. And over time, it became popular:
- His works appeared in many mass media. It includes Time Out London, BBC, Random House, The Economist, and Wallpaper.
- He has published two books on the principles of using negative space. And he independently illustrated all this.
Rob Janoff is one of the best graphic designers in the world. He is the creator of the most famous logo in the world. It was he who invented the same symbol for Apple. In 1977, Steve Jobs invited him to design a logo for his new technology brand. But later, it became not just a symbol. It is now the trending icon of all new user technologies. Thanks to it, he brilliantly advanced his career:
- His symbol, "Apple," is perfect in its simplicity. People around the world use and see it daily.
- He is the author of ''Taking a Bite out of the Apple.'' In it, he describes his work with Steve Jobs.
Posters by famous graphic designer Alejandro Magallanes have gained worldwide popularity. In them, he densely layers caricatures drawn by hand. And also he adds poetry quotes and digital design. Alejandro is from Mexico. Thus, almost every work of his references his Latin American roots.
In 2013, he participated in the collective anti-nationalist exhibition "Posters without Borders." Thus, he became more and more famous:
- Alejandro received the Jozef Mroszczak medal at the 16th Poster Biennale in Warsaw.
- He also took third place at the 4th biennial pro-environmental poster in Ukraine.
Andreas is an illustrator and one of the best graphic designers from Berlin. The use of aerosols and acrylics characterizes his style. He uses it to shoot portraits of people and animals. And he also draws acrylic lines, abusing them and combining geometric shapes.
Andreas believes that everything around people is an inspiration. So, he says that all his creations are works of art. Thanks to his unique approach to graphics, he cooperation with large companies:
- He worked for Adidas, Nike, TNT, and Atomic companies.
- It also includes Bruce Dunlop & Associates, DC Comics, and ESPN Classic.
Chip Kidd is one of the most famous book designers in the world. During his thirty-year career, he created thousands of book covers. Many of them have become classics of graphic design. His recordings of speeches at TED conferences collect millions of views. And his books devoted to design invariably become bestsellers. Besides, he gained fame as a creative graphic designer thanks to other successes:
- Chip founded an alternative rock group composing music called Artbreak.
- He has written and designed covers for several DC Comics publications.
April Greiman was one of the first designers to use computer programs for graphic design. She became a true creative graphic designer.
She often stacks letters to give extra depth to the inscriptions. And she accentuates various elements, partially covering them with sticky tape. Thanks to her unique work, she made a specific impact in the field of design:
- Her work inspired art designers to develop the computer as a design tool.
- Her posters and collages have been exhibited all over the world. It was in New York, at the Fortuny Museum in Venice, and during the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.
Alan Fletcher is one of the best graphic designers who made the world look at things differently. One of his iconic logos is Reuters. He created it in 1965. And it differs from other logos in that it consists of 84 points.
Fletcher had an individual style combining elements of American pop culture and European minimalism:
- He co-founded Fletcher, Forbes, and Gill in the 1960s with Bob Gill and Colin Forbes. It was with the latter that he founded Pentagram in 1972.
- At the end of his career, he was a creative director at Éditions Phaidon from 1993 until his death.
Genius Erik Nitsche covers almost the entire field of visual communications. His incredible art designer career, which lasted nearly 60 years, covers various areas. It includes art direction, book design, typography, illustration, photography, film, signage, packaging, and more.
During his first decade in New York, he worked as a freelance artwork designer. He created works for many major American fashion and decor magazines. It is how his brilliant career as an art designer began:
An online portfolio made for Creatives
With all the tools a professional needs
- Dynamic Grid
- Even Rows
- Golden Ratio
- Square Ratio
- Align Center
- Horizontal 2
- Horizontal 3
Get started for free
Create your online portfolio website now
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
- 01. Sign up for free
- 02. Build your portfolio
- 03. Get your own domain