1. Open the Store Settings
To set up a payment method, you first need to open the store settings:
- Click Settings at the top right corner of the admin panel.
- Select Store Settings.
- At the top of the dialogue window click on General Settings, and choose Payment.
2. Chose a payment method
You can choose to accept payments on your site or to manually handle each order. If you choose to accept payments on your site, you can enable both Paypal and Stripe.
Manual Payment (Invoice)
- In the dropdown menu choose Manual Payment.
- Fill in the Checkout Instructions: payment instructions that will display at checkout.
When you will receive an order, you will have to get in touch with the customer and provide him with payment instructions. The payment will be handled outside of your Portfoliobox store.
A most common form of payment in the E-Commerce industry. You can add PayPal to your online store easily by following the steps below:
- Start by creating a PayPal account
- Click the switch Enable PayPal Checkout.
- Enter your PayPal Account Email in the blank field.
Your Portfoliobox store is now connected to your PayPal account.
Stripe (Credit card)
Credit card payments are handled by Stripe, a third-party payment solution. You will need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your Portfoliobox store.
Connect your Stripe account.
- Start by creating a Stripe account at: Create your Stripe account.
- In your Portfoliobox store, choose Accept Payments, in the dropdown menu.
- Click the switch Accept Credit Card.
- Click on Connect Stripe.
- You will be redirected to Stripe. Click on Connect my Stripe account.
Your Portfoliobox store is now connected to your Stripe account.
Disconnect your Stripe account.
You can disconnect your Stripe account from your Portfoliobox store at any time by clicking on Remove Stripe.